How many times have you bought a 8 weight fly rod from a brand which claimed that its fishing tackle is the best of all time and ended up throwing it in the trash after a couple of uses?!
That is why we gathered the best of 8 weight fly rod available on the market and made you in-depth research on their features, performance, advantages, and disadvantages to help you select the product that is going to meet your needs, expectations, and satisfaction.
You will be happy to know that we didn’t only research our products but also tried most of them ourselves.
Best 8 weight fly rod Features In [currentyear]
- Easy-casting fast action
- Anodized Machined aluminum reel seat, ideal for all water conditions
- Laser-etched 5-5021T-890-4 Reference on reel seat for quick rod identification
- Durable cordura rod tube with built in rod dividers
- Lifetime Warranty
- COST PRICE SALES –We offer this full kit with manufacturing cost directly and with Quality warranty. Only for taking more friends to start for fishing experience . Includes a performance 9', 8 weight, 4 pc rod, an aluminum large arbor reel with line, backing and leaders pre-loaded. 12 hand tied lures in a waterproof box, neoprene reel cover, retractor, line nipper, and a durable travel case to hold everything. Perfect to start fishing at a budget. And also a backup combo
- ONE-YEAR-WARRANTY and LIFETIME Repairing Warranty - M MAXIMUMCATCH as a 13 years fishing rod factory, offer “No Hassle” warranty for all our rods for one year. If you are not 100% satisfied with our products, you can return it in any time. And we also offer lifetime repairing for M MAXIMUMCATCH rods and reels
- EXCLUSIVE MAXLINQ ROD TECHNOLOGY – Pure IM7 24T plus 30T carbon fiber. With mixed 5 layers of carbon including Reinforced Muscle carbon layer for at least 20% increase in strength. A fast action design rod blank to excel in distance and presentation. To meet the need of a newer caster, Slim taper engineered to be smooth and powerful, high efficiency loading, all for easy long distance casting especially for new caster
- Pre-Loaded ALUMINUM REEL – An aluminum lightweight reel with an extremely smooth disc drag system is included. The reel is pre-spooled with backing, Weight-forward floating line and tapered leader. The reel size matchs with each line weight rod for perfect balance accordingly.
- LURES,BOX & ROD BAG – A durable but also convenient travel rod bag with reel pouch to hold everything together. Waterproof, Floating Box-5.24’’X3.54’’1.38’’, holds up to 372 lures. Includes 12 pc hand tied dry and wet lures, hook size:#10. A neoprene reel pouch is included for easy protection of the reel.
- Encounter Fly Rod Outfit
- The perfect outfit for younger anglers
- Smooth, crisp performance
- Packaged with a large arbor Encounter reel, weight-forward floating line, backing, and leader
- Rod Outfit Includes:
- Clearwater fly rod
- Clearwater reel
- Clearwater fly line
- Dacron backing
- FLY ROD: 5 weight, 8', 4 Piece, medium-fast action, IM8 graphite. Has machined aluminum reel seat with double lock rings and laser etched butt cap, 7” long, Western style cork handle with compressed cork accent rings, stainless steel stripper guide with silicon carbide rings, stainless single foot guides and tip top. Each section is 26.625” long. Rod weight is 4.0 ounces.
- ROD CASE: 27” hard tube rod case with, reel pouch and side storage pouch with zipper. The case will hold rod, reel, fly box and all the accessories. Case has a carry strap and hang ring. Rod Bag: 4-section cloth rod bag with ties. Fly rod is placed in the bag before storing in the tube for the best protection.
- FLY REEL: 85mm diameter spool, die cast aluminum, adjustable disc drag. Comes preinstalled with chartreuse, WF-5F, weight forward 5, floating fly line, 20# orange backing and 9’ 5X tapered monofilament leader. All Wild Water fly reels are easily changed from left to right hand retrieve. Reel will come in left hand retrieve.
- FLY BOX: Waterproof, Floating, 5.25" x 3.5" x 1.25", custom box design, custom foam design, holds up to 372 flies. FLIES: 9 flies total; size 6, chernobyl ant (qty.3); size 12, tungsten bead head green tinsel nymph (qty. 3); size 12, no hackle tan caddis (qty. 3) SPARE LEADER: 9’ 5X tapered monofilament leader, qty. 1 ACCESSORIES: retractable reel (qty. 1), line nipper with nail knot tying tool and hook eye cleaner (qty. 1) and printed instruction manual.
- WHERE USED: This package is best suited for trout, panfish, small bass, small to medium streams, ponds, and backpacking. CUSTOMER SERVICE: Wild Water has English speaking, USA customer service and product support. We design our own products. We fly fish with our own products. We are always happy to answer any questions about your order. We can answer any technical questions about your product or fix any issue you may from our USA headquarters.
- Handcrafted on Bainbridge island, USA
- Graphite II Technology
- Stealth Black blank color; Black primary wraps with silver trim wraps
- Ceramic stripper guides; hard chrome snake guides and tip-top
- Black anodized aluminum up-locking reel seat
- Black anodized nose cork handle with fighting butt on saltwater weighted aluminum up-locking reel seat
- Snub no rugged Black nylon rod tube with divided liners cork handle with fighting butt on saltwater weights
- Sage spectrum C reel
- Rio gold fly line, tapered leader, and backing
- Rugged Black nylon rod and reel case
- FLY ROD: 7/8 weight, 9', 4 Piece, medium-fast action, IM8 graphite. Has machined aluminum reel seat with double lock rings, 7” long, Western style cork handle with compressed cork accent rings, 2” extension butt, two stainless steel stripper guides with silicon carbide rings, stainless single foot guides and tip top. Each section is 28.75” long. Rod weight is 5.7 ounces.
- ROD CASE: 32” hard tube rod case with, reel pouch and side storage pouch with zipper. The case will hold rod, reel, fly box and all the accessories. Case has a carry strap and hang ring. Rod Bag: 4-section cloth rod bag with ties. Fly rod is placed in the bag before storing in the tube for the best protection.
- FLY REEL: 95mm diameter spool, CNC machined aluminum fly reel, adjustable disc drag. Comes preinstalled with dual-color (peach/olive), WF-8F, weight forward 8, floating fly line with welded loops, 30# white backing and 9’ 0X tapered monofilament leader. All Wild Water fly reels are easily changed from left to right hand retrieve.
- FLY BOX: Waterproof, Floating, 5.25" x 3.5" x 1.25", custom box design, custom foam design, holds up to 372 flies. FLIES: 8 flies total; size 10, black wooly bugger (qty3); size 2, red and white deceiver (qty3); size 2, green deer hair frog popper (qty2) SPARE LEADERS: 9’ 0X tapered monofilament, qty2 TIPPET SPOOL: 0X, 12.4lb. test, 30 meters ACCESSORIES: retractable reel (qty2), line nipper with nail knot tying tool and hook eye cleaner (qty1), 6” 410SS forceps and instruction manual.
- WHERE USED: This package is best suited for large trout, pike, stripers, redfish, salmon, bonefish, bass, medium to large streams, ponds, lakes and saltwater. CUSTOMER SERVICE: Wild Water has English speaking, USA customer service and product support. We design our own products. We fly fish with our own products. We are always happy to answer any questions about your order. We can answer any technical questions about your product or fix any issue you may from our USA headquarters.
- Free U.S. Shipping
- LIGHTWEIGHT CONSTRUCTION – Redesigned to take on the toughest saltwater conditions and species, these Outcast Series rods feature an anti-glare, powerful, fast-action blank. Rods in this series are made of high-modulus graphite, concrete bindings, and titanium frame SiC stripping guides.
- DYNAMIC 4-PIECE ROD – The salt-ready, matte engraved aluminum reel seat and stainless hard chrome snake guides provide long-lasting durability. The AAAA grade cork, HD double blackout rings, Delrin bushings, and fighting butt set this rod above the competition.
- PORTABLE CORDURA TUBE – This rod comes with a durable, 5-compartment rod tube and an extra rod tip section. Embroidered with the Moonshine logo, this tube protects your fly rod from bumps, dirt, water, mud, and more. The case’s sleek, compact design gives you the freedom to fly fish anywhere.
- BUILT TO LAST – We understand your fly fishing adventures can present obstacles that can leave you dead in the water with a busted rod. When you invest in Moonshine, you'll get a lifetime manufacturer’s warranty with an industry-competitive fee to get you back up and running in no time.
- INNOVATIVE REDESIGN – Redesigned from the ground, our new Outcast is lighter in weight, featuring a punchier, fast-action blank with more power than its predecessor. Just like the original, our new Outcast is a superb crossover for Smallies, LM Bass, Striper, Pike, Muskie and more.
- Lightweight Graphite Construction
- 4-Piece Rod Design
- Titanium Oxide Stripper Guide
- Stainless Steel Snake Guides
- Aluminum Pipe Reel Seat with Aluminum Hoods
How To Choose the Best Fishing Tackle?
Okay, let me tell you that if you are fully aware of the necessary specifications of the 8 weight fly rod you need, getting yourself the best fishing tackle products won’t be rocket science.
But the point is that getting this full awareness isn’t easy, it needs a lot of effort and time to research and try till you finally find the fishing tackle product that meets your needs.
And since we know that having free time in this modern world is such a hard thing, we have done the research and trials for you. All you need to do is to check out these few effective quick tips that will help you become a smart customer from the comfort of your boat!
Finding out the best 8 weight fly rod brand is almost half of your purchasing journey, so we enlisted various fishing tackle brands with a wide variety of features and specifications to suit your fishing needs.
You are going to come across some popular brands that might be costly, but in return, you won’t have to worry about the quality of their fishing tackle products at all!
They will offer you the durability, functionality, and convenience that will take your fishing experience to the next level.
If you are a beginner fisherman or a hobbyist, and it is the first time you are buying a spinning reel or gear you have to check the working mechanism of the reel before you buy it.
How to do so? It is not a big deal! Just watch a couple of videos on YouTube or read the user manual online.
What if you are an old user and willing to buy a different spinning real of the same brand? In which case, checking if any upgraded version got released is a great idea.
while if you are planning to get a fishing reel from another brand, checking the working mechanism is going to help a lot. If you found it convenient and easy to use, then go ahead!
There are some features that you will find in every 8 weight fly rod from different brands, and that is what’s known as “the essential features”. while there are other features uniquely available in particular fishing tackle brands.
So, you need to determine the features you need in the fishing tackle to make sure it meets your needs. For example, if you go for larger fish, you need to look for equipment that features anti-reverse gear for a high level of security.
If you go fishing in deep water you need to look for a fishing reel that has a large Line capacity. And if you go fishing in saltwater you need to select a fishing reel that is highly corrosive resistant.
There are a few elements that determine the price of the 8 weight fly rod , like the brand, size, and special specifications.
Low prices do have a unique charm, and the fact is most of us usually go with the lowest price.
But unfortunately, we are not always lucky, and we might end up having a horrible fishing tackle product because a high-quality product won’t be available at a very low price. Right?!
Here is what makes some customers smarter than others; “Reading the customer reviews.”
Many customers review the fishing equipment they got and their experience with it. You will come across some detailed reviews, including photos, pros, cons, and whether that customer is going to buy this product again or not.
So, to avoid any disappointment and to get a realistic idea about the product you are willing to buy, we highly recommend checking a few reviews from 5-stars to 1-star levels.
And if you found that the positive reviews are higher than the negative ones, you have the green light.
Pros and Cons
If you are too busy to read full reviews about the 8 weight fly rod , the pros and cons section is your lifesaver! It will save you lots and lots of time and effort.
You can take a quick look at the pros and cons of the product on different sites, social media, and customer reviews.
Warranty and Customer Care Service
Unfortunately, not all brands and companies provide a reliable customer care service. In fact, some brands don’t take any responsibility after your purchase is made, even if the warranty period is not expired yet.
To avoid such hassle, you need to get your 8 weight fly rod from a trusted seller and make sure that you will be getting repairment or replacement in case of getting a faulty product.
Now you have an overall idea about the fishing tackle products available on the market right now. So, when you start purchasing online or offline, you will have enough confidence that will keep you away from getting overwhelmed by the wide variety of fishing equipment and their attractive specifications and design.
All in all, to make sure you buy one of the best and most functional fishing equipment on the market, you need to decide whether you need a fancy product with fancy features from an expensive brand. Or you just want to get an affordable product with the essential features that get the job done.
You need to take a look at the customer reviews to check if 8 weight fly rod ” is going to meet your expectations and requirements or not. And if you are as busy as a bee, you can only take a glance at the pros and cons of the fishing equipment you are willing to buy.
Last but not least, you need to make sure that the seller you will get your product from provides consistent and reliable customer service. And it goes without saying that you have to get a product that comes with a long warranty.