How many times have you bought a baitcasting reel under 100 from a brand which claimed that its fishing tackle is the best of all time and ended up throwing it in the trash after a couple of uses?!
That is why we gathered the best of baitcasting reel under 100 available on the market and made you in-depth research on their features, performance, advantages, and disadvantages to help you select the product that is going to meet your needs, expectations, and satisfaction.
You will be happy to know that we didn’t only research our products but also tried most of them ourselves.
Best baitcasting reel under 100 Features In [currentyear]
- NEW COMPACT DESIGN - KastKing Royale Legend Series has been anglers’ favorite baitcasters since 2014. Royale Legend II Baitcasting Reels are totally redesigned for comfort and super performance! It’s a compact size low profile baitcaster fishing reel combined with a concealed side cover release that makes the reel comfortable even after thousands of casts during a day of fishing.
- LEGACY CARRY-ON AND BEYOND – The new Royale Legend II casting reel has carried the legacy and set a new bar for performance and durability. For the first time, KastKing implements the double bearing supported pinion gear technology to a $40 reel, that delivers a 35% increase in smoothness under load compared to the original Royale Legend. This new design structure increases durability by an astounding 30%.
- FASTER AND LIGHTER - Royale Legend II provides faster gear ratios than the previous models. The new 5.4:1 gear ratio model is perfect for crankbaits or slower presentations, while the 7.2:1 gear ratio model that quickly picks up fishing line at 29.8” per turn is great for pitching jigs or burning baits at high speed. Compact design also saves weights for Royale Legend II, making it just 7.2oz, which is lighter than most of graphite side covers and frame casting reels available today.
- STRONGER - KastKing’s new Royale Legend II casting reels are equipped with an extra-hard stainless steel main shaft, Hamai precision machined brass gears, diamond shape ceramic line guide and CNC aluminum spools for strength and durability. Combine those high-end features with a quadruple disc carbon drag that delivers a fishing stopping 17.6 lbs of drag and an incredibly low price, and you have the best value in baitcasting reels available today.
- CROSS-FIRE MAGNETIC BRAKING SYSTEM - To avoid time consuming and frustrating overruns and backlashes, the new Royale Legend II fishing reels include a newly designed, dynamic magnetic braking system with 8 magnetic buttons, compared to only 5 or 6 on most other reels. Royale Legend II’s ten-level adjustable braking system eliminates casting issues while maximizing casting distance and fishing line control in windy conditions. Say goodbye to overruns and hello to more fish in the boat.
- 【Powerful】Advanced 4 carbon fiber washers, gives the low profile baitcasting reel physically powerful 18LB drag to hunting down the big fish.
- 【Convenient Design】Unique side plate ports make the maintenance easier, to maximize your baitcast reel life and performance.
- 【Durable】Industrial Durable Strength Japanese Hami Cut 3604 Brass Gears are the quality gear you'd expect for a baitcaster reel.
- 【Excellent Performance】Low profile design bait caster featuring 7.1:1 gear ratios, specifically designed for the versatile angler. The 5.3:1（7.1:1） Gear Ratio is a true workhorse offering the torque you need for any deadly slow rolling technique.
- 【Unparalleled】 - Strong double wind shafts and backlash-eliminating 0-10 magnetic dial-in settings.
- Professional Grade - The Chaos XS round baitcasting reel features a CNC caved, anti-line skip aluminum spool, this makes fishing and spooling much easier
- Versatile - Egineered with 6 + 1 anti-corrosion bearings, smooth consistent drag and an extended forged handle, the Chaos XS conventional reel fits the bill for a variety of species and techniques
- Innovative Cast Technology - Delivers superior casting performance and rock-solid durability. The innovative cast technology ensures a smoother & longer casting distance while reducing the chance of backlash
- Powerful - Premium Carbon Fiber Drag System paired with a Japanese Haimai-Cut brass main gear provides up to 20 pounds of stopping power to chase trophy fish
- Performance - Designed to meet the demands of the most hardcore angler. The recessed reel foot helps the Chaos XS round reel keep a low profile on the rod making it easy to palm and cast
- BULLET PROOF - The hot Rover reel just became hotter. The KastKing Rover round baitcasting reel has been reinforced with thicker hard anodized aluminum side plates, CNC machined spool, precision cut brass gears, all alloy flawless level wind, industry-first stainless steel worm gear, patented metal idle gear, stainless steel shaft and other components for superior durability and corrosion protection.
- MORE POWERFUL - You will love the stronger, more powerful KastKing Rover round baitcasting reel with a superior carbon fiber drag system. With its newly designed “Cymbal Washer” System, KastKing Rover now offers up to 30LB of smooth drag.
- SUPER SMOOTH - KastKing Rover reels have premium MaxiDur double shielded stainless steel ball bearings (6 + 1 BBs on Size 40-60, 4 + 1 BBs on 70 - 90) for smooth operation.
- VERSATILE - KastKing Rover is a perfect conventional reel for trolling, bottom fishing, and other techniques used in freshwater and saltwater (Size 40 – 60 with 2-pin centrifugal brake that is good for casting). The oversized nonslip EVA grips, line out clicker alarm, easy access thumb bar spool release (40-60 sizes) and the classic look are everything you would expect of a round baitcasting fishing reel.
- FISH INTO THE FUTURE - KastKing Rover conventional reels are built with functionality, quality, and are built to last. KastKing Rover Series deliver fantastic design, power, and performance at an affordable price. Anglers who want an affordable, dependable levelwind round baitcasting reel to add to their trolling reel fishing tackle will appreciate the low price and high quality of a KastKing Rover.
- MegaJaws – Inspired by the most powerful sea predator, the KastKing MegaJaws baitcasting fishing reel conveys essential shark elements that represent the power and strength that sport fishing anglers desire today. The shark tooth front hood, shark fin side covers, and rigid metal components will consistently remind you the sense of dominance and the total confidence on the water.
- Super Long-Cast System & Slick Design – The MegaJaws unique KastKing LFTV (Low Friction Tapered Vortex), funnel shaped line guide greatly reduces line friction, giving you super long casts. MegaJaws adopts the same palm perfect ergonomic engineering as the Royale Legend Elite. Its low-profile frame fits perfectly and comfortably in the palm of your hand. MegaJaws is a compact, palm sized baitcaster that reduces fatigue for all day long comfort. Cast after cast, you will feel the difference.
- Color-Coded System – KastKing knows how difficult it can be to quickly identify a specific gear ratio reel on the deck of your boat for a specific fishing application. KastKing has given the MegaJaws unique colors for each gear ratio so you can quickly identify the right reel for the job and gain a competitive advantage to win bass fishing tournaments. Select from 5.4:1. 6.5:1, 7.2:1, and one of the fastest ratios in the market -- 9.1:1.
- Powerful Components - MegaJaws bait casters are full featured, tournament ready reels in every way. 11+1 double shielded stainless steel bearings throughout; The manganese brass pinion and main gears and a nickel-coated brass worm drive gear provide strength, durability and consistent performance for freshwater or saltwater fishing. Its ultra-smooth carbon fiber drag uses multiple carbon discs providing up to 17.6 lbs of fish stopping power for hard fighting trophy fish.
- Attention to Detail – Command your fishing situation with CNC Aluminum spools for amazing casts, a powerful aluminum handle with comfortable rubber cork knobs, and a spool tensioning knob with click stop adjustments. The unique MegaJaws magnetic casting control system features 8 magnets with 10 adjustment settings that control backlash and overruns. Easy access lubrication and drainage ports provide long-term performance and simple maintenance.
- Precision Magnetic Brake System: With 10 magnet beans in the magnetic brake system, Runcl baitcasting reel provides stabler and smoother operation for complete cast control. The micro-adjustable magnetic system allows you to fine-tune cast control to accommodate a variety of lures and fishing conditions, effectively reduce bird nests in windy days
- 10+1 Bearing System: 10 stainless steel ball bearings and 1 one-way clutch instant anti-reverse bearing, delivers incredibly smooth functioning and offers exceptional corrosion protection in saltwater surroundings
- Enhanced Sealed Drag System: The sealed drag system is loaded with 4 premium carbon fiber washers, helps boost maximum drag by 20% (up to 17.6 lbs) and guarantees you a larger catch
- 2-Tone Aluminum Alloy Spool: Equipped with two-tone aluminum alloy vented spool, significantly reduce the weight of baitcasting reel. The anti-slip metal grip on the spool, allows to spread the fishing line properly all over the spool, suitable for heavier lures and also lighter lures
- Reinforced Lengthen Ergonomic Handle: The Merced handle (4in/10cm in length) helps save effort, promises unparalleled efficiency even when fighting with trophies, perfect for tournament anglers on a budget. The hollow out handle and TPR knob provide a superior grip, keeps your hands comfortable during a long fishing trip
- LARGER HIGH-CAPACITY CASTING REEL - KastKing Royale Legend II 200 Baitcasting Reels feature a wider frame and larger capacity spool that holds up to 130 yards of 17 lb mono and deliver 22 lbs of drag. This fishing reel is perfect for large swimbaits, deep diving crankbaits, Muskie size lures, Catfish, Salmon/Steelhead and much more. Engineered as a fresh and saltwater fishing reel.
- LOW PROFILE DESIGN – While the new Royale Legend II 200 casting reels feature a larger frame and higher line capacities than normal baitcaster reels, they are still designed with a low-profile shape for comfortable, all day fishing. The frame and side covers are made of lightweight and durable graphite that is carefully designed to fit comfortably in your hand. A wide, 105mm aluminum handle arm and EVA knobs ensure you are always in control.
- TESTED AND APPROVED COMPONENTS - Advanced performance and durability of the new Royale Legend II 200 baitcasting reels are second to none. Double shielded, stainless-steel ball bearings ensure smoothness under load and consistent performance for both fresh and saltwater fishing. Precision machined brass main and pinion gears provide exceptional strength plus durability.
- POWERFUL CARBON DISC DRAG – The new KastKing Royal Legend II 200 baitcast reel is made for big fish, big baits, and tough conditions. To ensure you can control even the strongest fish, KastKing designed a 4-disc, carbon fiber drag system that is not only strong, it’s exceptionally smooth. When you need extra drag power for a big fish or powerful hook sets, you will have over 22 lbs. of fish stopping drag power at your fingertips.
- RELIABLE MAGNETIC BRAKING SYSTEM – A quality braking system is important for any baitcasting reel, but for a fishing reel that is designed to cast large, heavy baits in tough conditions, it is a necessity! The Royale Legend II 200’s ten-level adjustable braking system is driven through an internal 8-button magnetic system that can virtually eliminate overruns while maximizing casting distance.
- Low Profile Baitcasting Fishing Reel– Fish like a gladiator! KastKing Crixus Baitcasting reels are designed for exceptional value and performance. Don’t be fooled by its low price. A Crixus casting reel performs like a fishing reel costing twice the price. Although only 7.3 ounces, KastKing Crixus is as tough, strong and durable as its gladiator name. Pick a spectacular frame color to match any hot baitcaster rod or color preference – Glacier White or Sea Spray.
- Tournament Proven Components – Crixus casting reels feature heavy duty brass main and pinion gears that deliver long life, higher speeds and low noise. The Crixus baitcast reel comes in a convenient all-purpose, 6.5:1 gear ratio. It has a CNC machined aluminum U-Shaped spool for longer casts and higher fishing line capacity. The lightweight aluminum handle has comfortable, slip resistant Super Polymer grips, unheard of at this price, for all day fishing comfort!
- Smooth and Reliable Carbon Disc Drag – A great fishing reel in any arena! KastKing Crixus baitcasting fishing reels deliver performance and value. Each reel features an exceptionally smooth and powerful (4)-carbon disc drag system that delivers over 17.6 lbs. of fish stopping drag power. The drag is infinitely adjustable, which allows you to use lighter fishing line, with a lightweight aluminum, star-shaped drag knob.
- Ultra-smooth Performance – KastKing Crixus baitcaster reels are equipped with 7 shielded, stainless-steel high quality ball bearings plus an instant anti-reverse bearing. The Crixus cast reel uses a reliable and proven magnetic braking system that has 8 magnets to give the angler many levels of spool braking to eliminate frustrating overruns, so you spend more time fishing. Long, controlled casts are now yours with baits of all sizes under a variety of conditions.
- Reliability You Can Trust – You can count on the NEW KastKing Crixus baitcasting reel to be ready to go fishing at a moment’s notice. KastKing is committed to building trouble free casting reels that will deliver hassle free performance year after year. The KastKing Crixus baitcasting fishing reel is not only affordable but will provide a level of performance never achieved at this price before. You deserve to battle fish like a gladiator with a fishing reel priced for the crowd.
- Durable - The Piscifun Alijos size 300 baitcasting reel designed with premium aluminum frame and gear side plate which provide incredible durability to handle the biggest freshwater fish
- Incredibly Powerful & Strong - Boasts with an incredible 33Lbs of drag and HUGE Hamai cut hardened brass gearing to handle fish way out of its league, the Alijos is built for big fish and big swimbaits which make it a great inshore saltwater baitcasting fishing reel
- Top in Class Components - Loaded with high end components, Alijos 300 baitcasting reels are a next level baitcaster reels for pro fishing tournaments. Alijos features 8 double shielded stainless steel bearings and one instant anti reverse paired with Hamai cut hardened brass main gear and pinion gear to ensure the durability, low noise as well as smoothness
- Multiple Choices - Alijos 300 baitcast reels come with 5.9:1 and 8.1:1 gear ratios options with different color coated features make it a multi adaptation fishing reel. You can also select ordinary double handle or strong power handle according to personal preferences
- Ergonomic and Innovative - Piscifun Alijos 300 baitcasting reel comes with a super easy to access thumb bar engage button on the gear side plate which helps you bump back the thumb bar without cranking the handle. The super sturdy line wrap spool eliminates using mono as backing. Double shafts support line guide system greatly increases the stability and durability. 8 effective magnetic braking system prevents overruns and backlash. Inner wrapped thumb bar pad give you better comfort.
- PRECSION BUILT – HI-END COMPONENTS - KastKing BFS Zephyr baitcaster reels have undergone an extensive design and manufacturer process that gives you the lightness and strength of carbon fiber plus the durability and smoothness of precision gears and double shielded stainless steel ball bearings in a fishing reel that only weighs 5.6oz.
- WHY CARBON FIBER – KastKing Bait Finesse System Zephyr baitcasting reels use an extensive array of unique carbon fiber materials. Carbon fiber is lighter than aluminum and stronger than steel for its weight. KastKing built Zephyr casting reels with carbon fiber frames and side plates and a carbon disc drag for 10 Lbs. of smooth drag with light finesse fishing lines. Zephyr takes your BFS game to a whole new level!
- SMOOTHNESS WHERE IT COUNTS – Inside Zephyr’s carbon shell are 6 + 1 double shielded stainless steel ball bearings with super free-spooling spool bearings that allow the farthest casts with the lightest baits. Precision machined T7075 hardened aluminum alloy main gears and brass pinion gears, nickel plated brass worm shaft, and an 8-magnet braking system get the work done easily and without effort.
- MORE FEATURES – To save even more weight without sacrificing strength KastKing chose advanced aluminum alloys for the laser engraved anodized shallow spool, main shaft, main gear, black anodized handle with EVA knob, and tension knob. And to add more excitement to BFS catches, there’s a drag clicker version for the new Zephyr.
- DAZZLING - Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and no doubt, Zephyr is a beauty. Select celluloid paints and anodizing gives Zephyr a clean, crisp appearance that will look great on your fishing rod. Zephyr is a perfect BFS fishing reel for trout fishing, bass fishing, or smaller saltwater inshore species. Go Bait Finesse Fishing today with the affordable innovation of a KastKing Zephyr Baitcast Reel!
How To Choose the Best Fishing Tackle?
Okay, let me tell you that if you are fully aware of the necessary specifications of the baitcasting reel under 100 you need, getting yourself the best fishing tackle products won’t be rocket science.
But the point is that getting this full awareness isn’t easy, it needs a lot of effort and time to research and try till you finally find the fishing tackle product that meets your needs.
And since we know that having free time in this modern world is such a hard thing, we have done the research and trials for you. All you need to do is to check out these few effective quick tips that will help you become a smart customer from the comfort of your boat!
Finding out the best baitcasting reel under 100 brand is almost half of your purchasing journey, so we enlisted various fishing tackle brands with a wide variety of features and specifications to suit your fishing needs.
You are going to come across some popular brands that might be costly, but in return, you won’t have to worry about the quality of their fishing tackle products at all!
They will offer you the durability, functionality, and convenience that will take your fishing experience to the next level.
If you are a beginner fisherman or a hobbyist, and it is the first time you are buying a spinning reel or gear you have to check the working mechanism of the reel before you buy it.
How to do so? It is not a big deal! Just watch a couple of videos on YouTube or read the user manual online.
What if you are an old user and willing to buy a different spinning real of the same brand? In which case, checking if any upgraded version got released is a great idea.
while if you are planning to get a fishing reel from another brand, checking the working mechanism is going to help a lot. If you found it convenient and easy to use, then go ahead!
There are some features that you will find in every baitcasting reel under 100 from different brands, and that is what’s known as “the essential features”. while there are other features uniquely available in particular fishing tackle brands.
So, you need to determine the features you need in the fishing tackle to make sure it meets your needs. For example, if you go for larger fish, you need to look for equipment that features anti-reverse gear for a high level of security.
If you go fishing in deep water you need to look for a fishing reel that has a large Line capacity. And if you go fishing in saltwater you need to select a fishing reel that is highly corrosive resistant.
There are a few elements that determine the price of the baitcasting reel under 100 , like the brand, size, and special specifications.
Low prices do have a unique charm, and the fact is most of us usually go with the lowest price.
But unfortunately, we are not always lucky, and we might end up having a horrible fishing tackle product because a high-quality product won’t be available at a very low price. Right?!
Here is what makes some customers smarter than others; “Reading the customer reviews.”
Many customers review the fishing equipment they got and their experience with it. You will come across some detailed reviews, including photos, pros, cons, and whether that customer is going to buy this product again or not.
So, to avoid any disappointment and to get a realistic idea about the product you are willing to buy, we highly recommend checking a few reviews from 5-stars to 1-star levels.
And if you found that the positive reviews are higher than the negative ones, you have the green light.
Pros and Cons
If you are too busy to read full reviews about the baitcasting reel under 100 , the pros and cons section is your lifesaver! It will save you lots and lots of time and effort.
You can take a quick look at the pros and cons of the product on different sites, social media, and customer reviews.
Warranty and Customer Care Service
Unfortunately, not all brands and companies provide a reliable customer care service. In fact, some brands don’t take any responsibility after your purchase is made, even if the warranty period is not expired yet.
To avoid such hassle, you need to get your baitcasting reel under 100 from a trusted seller and make sure that you will be getting repairment or replacement in case of getting a faulty product.
Now you have an overall idea about the fishing tackle products available on the market right now. So, when you start purchasing online or offline, you will have enough confidence that will keep you away from getting overwhelmed by the wide variety of fishing equipment and their attractive specifications and design.
All in all, to make sure you buy one of the best and most functional fishing equipment on the market, you need to decide whether you need a fancy product with fancy features from an expensive brand. Or you just want to get an affordable product with the essential features that get the job done.
You need to take a look at the customer reviews to check if baitcasting reel under 100 ” is going to meet your expectations and requirements or not. And if you are as busy as a bee, you can only take a glance at the pros and cons of the fishing equipment you are willing to buy.
Last but not least, you need to make sure that the seller you will get your product from provides consistent and reliable customer service. And it goes without saying that you have to get a product that comes with a long warranty.