How many times have you bought a baitcasting reel under 100 from a brand which claimed that its fishing tackle is the best of all time and ended up throwing it in the trash after a couple of uses?!
That is why we gathered the best of baitcasting reel under 100 available on the market and made you in-depth research on their features, performance, advantages, and disadvantages to help you select the product that is going to meet your needs, expectations, and satisfaction.
You will be happy to know that we didn’t only research our products but also tried most of them ourselves.
Best baitcasting reel under 100 Features In [currentyear]
- NEW COMPACT DESIGN - KastKing Royale Legend Series has been anglers’ favorite baitcasters since 2014. Royale Legend II Baitcasting Reels are totally redesigned for comfort and super performance! It’s a compact size low profile baitcaster fishing reel combined with a concealed side cover release that makes the reel comfortable even after thousands of casts during a day of fishing.
- LEGACY CARRY-ON AND BEYOND – The new Royale Legend II casting reel has carried the legacy and set a new bar for performance and durability. For the first time, KastKing implements the double bearing supported pinion gear technology to a $40 reel, that delivers a 35% increase in smoothness under load compared to the original Royale Legend. This new design structure increases durability by an astounding 30%.
- FASTER AND LIGHTER - Royale Legend II provides faster gear ratios than the previous models. The new 5.4:1 gear ratio model is perfect for crankbaits or slower presentations, while the 7.2:1 gear ratio model that quickly picks up fishing line at 29.8” per turn is great for pitching jigs or burning baits at high speed. Compact design also saves weights for Royale Legend II, making it just 7.2oz, which is lighter than most of graphite side covers and frame casting reels available today.
- STRONGER - KastKing’s new Royale Legend II casting reels are equipped with an extra-hard stainless steel main shaft, Hamai precision machined brass gears, diamond shape ceramic line guide and CNC aluminum spools for strength and durability. Combine those high-end features with a quadruple disc carbon drag that delivers a fishing stopping 17.6 lbs of drag and an incredibly low price, and you have the best value in baitcasting reels available today.
- CROSS-FIRE MAGNETIC BRAKING SYSTEM - To avoid time consuming and frustrating overruns and backlashes, the new Royale Legend II fishing reels include a newly designed, dynamic magnetic braking system with 8 magnetic buttons, compared to only 5 or 6 on most other reels. Royale Legend II’s ten-level adjustable braking system eliminates casting issues while maximizing casting distance and fishing line control in windy conditions. Say goodbye to overruns and hello to more fish in the boat.
- 【Powerful】Advanced triple carbon washers gives the Torrent low profile baitcasting reel physically powerful 18LB drag, which helps you when battling trophy fish.
- 【Durable】The fishing reel adopt industrial durable strength and climate resistant Japanese Hamai cut 3604 brass gears, these are all top quality gears you expect for baitcaster fishing reels which offer ultimate consistence for reeling in.
- 【Simplify Operation】The Torrent reel uses a magnetic braking system, that has 5 magnets to give the angler many levels of spool braking power to effectively prevent backlash. Beginners can also quickly get up to speed.
- 【Fast Retrieve & Multiple Choices】The Torrent fishing reel is available in 2 different gear ratios: 5.3:1 & 7.1:1, allowing you to fish efficiently no matter which technique you choose! From cranking to flipping and pitching, the Torrent has you covered.
- 【Convenient Design】Unique side-plate oil port for prolonged maintenance for Novice to Pro to maximize your baitcast reel life and performance.
- Carbon matrix hybrid drag system for super smooth reliable drag performance
- Duragear brass gear for extended gear life
- Carbon Matrix drag system provides smooth and consistent drag
- LOW-PROFILE FISHING REEL - The Origin A is a feature-packed low-profile reel with unmistakable style that is designed for when you don’t count on luck or coincidence for success on the water.
- ULTIMATE CONTOL - Proprietary Arrowhead line guide and 6-way centrifugal braking system deliver exceptional distance and control.
- SOFT TOUCH KNOB - Soft touch knobs ensure your bass thumb will stay comfortable all day.
- LIGHTWEIGHT COMPOSITE FRAME - With a composite frame and 13 lbs of drag, the Origin A embodies the strength and durability you require.
- JAPANESE HAMAI CUT GEARING - Japanese Hamai-cut gearing delivers smoothness with each handle rotation.
- Professional Grade - The Chaos XS round baitcasting reel features a CNC caved, anti-line skip aluminum spool, this makes fishing and spooling much easier
- Versatile - Egineered with 6 + 1 anti-corrosion bearings, smooth consistent drag and an extended forged handle, the Chaos XS conventional reel fits the bill for a variety of species and techniques
- Innovative Cast Technology - Delivers superior casting performance and rock-solid durability. The innovative cast technology ensures a smoother & longer casting distance while reducing the chance of backlash
- Powerful - Premium Carbon Fiber Drag System paired with a Japanese Haimai-Cut brass main gear provides up to 20 pounds of stopping power to chase trophy fish
- Performance - Designed to meet the demands of the most hardcore angler. The recessed reel foot helps the Chaos XS round reel keep a low profile on the rod making it easy to palm and cast
- BULLET PROOF - The hot Rover reel just became hotter. The KastKing Rover round baitcasting reel has been reinforced with thicker hard anodized aluminum side plates, CNC machined spool, precision cut brass gears, all alloy flawless level wind, industry-first stainless steel worm gear, patented metal idle gear, stainless steel shaft and other components for superior durability and corrosion protection.
- MORE POWERFUL - You will love the stronger, more powerful KastKing Rover round baitcasting reel with a superior carbon fiber drag system. With its newly designed “Cymbal Washer” System, KastKing Rover now offers up to 30LB of smooth drag.
- SUPER SMOOTH - KastKing Rover reels have premium MaxiDur double shielded stainless steel ball bearings (6 + 1 BBs on Size 40-60, 4 + 1 BBs on 70 - 90) for smooth operation.
- VERSATILE - KastKing Rover is a perfect conventional reel for trolling, bottom fishing, and other techniques used in freshwater and saltwater (Size 40 – 60 with 2-pin centrifugal brake that is good for casting). The oversized nonslip EVA grips, line out clicker alarm, easy access thumb bar spool release (40-60 sizes) and the classic look are everything you would expect of a round baitcasting fishing reel.
- FISH INTO THE FUTURE - KastKing Rover conventional reels are built with functionality, quality, and are built to last. KastKing Rover Series deliver fantastic design, power, and performance at an affordable price. Anglers who want an affordable, dependable levelwind round baitcasting reel to add to their trolling reel fishing tackle will appreciate the low price and high quality of a KastKing Rover.
- 5 stainless steel ball bearings + 1 roller bearing
- Machined aluminum spool
- Power Disk drag system
- Duragear brass gear
- MagTrax brake system
- Compact bent handle and star
- Recessed reel foot
- One-piece graphite frame
- graphite sideplates
- Flipping Switch
- The Shimano SLX is an incredibly sleek looking baitcaster with a stunning matte black finish and beautiful blue accents
- This reel is 22% more compact than the Caenan Baitcaster but its small size does not mean it lacks in strength; and with an amazing 150 PowerPro line capacity for such a compact reel
- Packed into Shimano's signature HAGANE metal reel body; this reel is highly rigid with incredible body stiffness and the impact resistane provided by the HAGANE body virtually eliminates body flexing
- Featuring 6 Pin VBS adjustments encased under an easy access side plate which allows you to set the reel and cast control for whatever lure you are using under any weather conditions
- Available in various retreive options for both the right hand and left handed models; Regular Gear at 6.3:1; High Gear at 7.2:1; and Extra High Gear at 8.2:1
- NEW DESIGN - The totally new design KastKing Spartacus II baitcasting reel is a warrior! Spartacus II bait casting reels have the dynamic features, an extremely sleek lower profile of only 39 mm, about 10% lower than Spartacus I, and a weight of only 6 ounces for your battle in pursuit of your personal best. Match up one of the five-color patterns to your casting rod for a hot looking baitcasting combo.
- TECHNOLOGY - You will love the exceptional design of the powerful 5 button magnetic brakes (it is so efficient this baitcaster only needs one brake system instead of dual brakes) and the technologically advanced KastKing “Double Tapered Control Chute” Line Guide that reduces line friction for ultimate line control and birds nest reduction. Plus, tournament ready 4-disc carbon fiber drag with 17.6 LBs of trophy fish stopping power, make the Spartacus II baitcast reel a strong contender.
- SMOOTH - A Spartacus II bait casting reel has: superior shielded 7 + 1 corrosion resistant ball bearings, CNC anodized aluminum spool with power launch and aluminum handle for smooth casting, powerful precision machined hardened aluminum main gears, and KastKing logo embossed hi-grade EVA handle knobs. With an aluminum main gear, the reel is only 6 oz. That is unheard of for a reel under $50!
- NO MERCY - A KastKing Spartacus II baitcaster fishing reel with its versatile 7.2:1 gear ratio create an exceptional super low profile bait casting weapon in your fishing tackle collection that will save you money and bring you years of fishing pleasure.
- AFFORDABLE INNOVATION - Go beyond the limits with the new Spartacus II baitcasting reel that is smoother, smaller, lighter, and more powerful than any other brand bait casters in its price range.
- NEW AutoMag DUAL BRAKING SYSTEM: More stable and farther casting! KastKing MegaJaws Baitcasting Reels one-piece ring magnet provides uniform braking force during the entire cast. When the spool reaches peak speed an auto-adjusting centrifugal brake’s braking bars are thrown out, reducing the speed of the spool and avoiding backlash. When the speed of the spool is reduced to the critical point, the bars are retracted, eliminating the braking force giving you longer, trouble-free casts.
- KastKing LFTV: MegaJaws baitcaster reels have unique KastKing LFTV (Low Friction Tapered Vortex), funnel shaped ceramic line guides. They greatly reduce fishing line friction through the guide giving you super long casts and also help to reduce backlashes. LFTV makes the difference between a good casting reel and a great bait cast reel.
- PALM PERFECT - LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN: Upgraded MegaJaws reels, adopting KastKing Palm Perfect ergonomic engineering, are only 41mm tall and much lighter than before. Fishing reel total weight was reduced from 7.6 oz to only 6.5 oz on the new model. Main gears and main gear shafts are made of hardened aerospace 7075 aluminum. Pinion gears are super hard manganese brass. Grips were changed from rubber cork to comfortable, lightweight EVA. The new MegaJaws lets you fish longer with less fatigue.
- COLOR- CODED SYSTEM – KastKing knows how difficult it can be to quickly identify a specific gear ratio reel on the deck of your boat for a specific fishing application. KastKing has given the MegaJaws unique colors for each gear ratio so you can quickly identify the right reel for the job and gain a competitive advantage to win bass fishing tournaments. Select from 5.4:1. 6.5:1, 7.2:1, and one of the fastest ratios in the market -- 9.1:1
- CHAMPION APPROVED: Chosen by PROs! MegaJaws baitcasting reels helped Rob Branagh win the opening event of MLF 2022 at Lake Okeechobee. MegaJaws are full featured, tournament ready reels in every way. 11+1 double shielded stainless steel bearings throughout and stainless steel main shaft offer durability and performance as freshwater or saltwater fishing reels. Its ultra-smooth multiple disc carbon fiber drag provides up to 17.6 lbs of trophy fish stopping power.
How To Choose the Best Fishing Tackle?
Okay, let me tell you that if you are fully aware of the necessary specifications of the baitcasting reel under 100 you need, getting yourself the best fishing tackle products won’t be rocket science.
But the point is that getting this full awareness isn’t easy, it needs a lot of effort and time to research and try till you finally find the fishing tackle product that meets your needs.
And since we know that having free time in this modern world is such a hard thing, we have done the research and trials for you. All you need to do is to check out these few effective quick tips that will help you become a smart customer from the comfort of your boat!
Finding out the best baitcasting reel under 100 brand is almost half of your purchasing journey, so we enlisted various fishing tackle brands with a wide variety of features and specifications to suit your fishing needs.
You are going to come across some popular brands that might be costly, but in return, you won’t have to worry about the quality of their fishing tackle products at all!
They will offer you the durability, functionality, and convenience that will take your fishing experience to the next level.
If you are a beginner fisherman or a hobbyist, and it is the first time you are buying a spinning reel or gear you have to check the working mechanism of the reel before you buy it.
How to do so? It is not a big deal! Just watch a couple of videos on YouTube or read the user manual online.
What if you are an old user and willing to buy a different spinning real of the same brand? In which case, checking if any upgraded version got released is a great idea.
while if you are planning to get a fishing reel from another brand, checking the working mechanism is going to help a lot. If you found it convenient and easy to use, then go ahead!
There are some features that you will find in every baitcasting reel under 100 from different brands, and that is what’s known as “the essential features”. while there are other features uniquely available in particular fishing tackle brands.
So, you need to determine the features you need in the fishing tackle to make sure it meets your needs. For example, if you go for larger fish, you need to look for equipment that features anti-reverse gear for a high level of security.
If you go fishing in deep water you need to look for a fishing reel that has a large Line capacity. And if you go fishing in saltwater you need to select a fishing reel that is highly corrosive resistant.
There are a few elements that determine the price of the baitcasting reel under 100 , like the brand, size, and special specifications.
Low prices do have a unique charm, and the fact is most of us usually go with the lowest price.
But unfortunately, we are not always lucky, and we might end up having a horrible fishing tackle product because a high-quality product won’t be available at a very low price. Right?!
Here is what makes some customers smarter than others; “Reading the customer reviews.”
Many customers review the fishing equipment they got and their experience with it. You will come across some detailed reviews, including photos, pros, cons, and whether that customer is going to buy this product again or not.
So, to avoid any disappointment and to get a realistic idea about the product you are willing to buy, we highly recommend checking a few reviews from 5-stars to 1-star levels.
And if you found that the positive reviews are higher than the negative ones, you have the green light.
Pros and Cons
If you are too busy to read full reviews about the baitcasting reel under 100 , the pros and cons section is your lifesaver! It will save you lots and lots of time and effort.
You can take a quick look at the pros and cons of the product on different sites, social media, and customer reviews.
Warranty and Customer Care Service
Unfortunately, not all brands and companies provide a reliable customer care service. In fact, some brands don’t take any responsibility after your purchase is made, even if the warranty period is not expired yet.
To avoid such hassle, you need to get your baitcasting reel under 100 from a trusted seller and make sure that you will be getting repairment or replacement in case of getting a faulty product.
Now you have an overall idea about the fishing tackle products available on the market right now. So, when you start purchasing online or offline, you will have enough confidence that will keep you away from getting overwhelmed by the wide variety of fishing equipment and their attractive specifications and design.
All in all, to make sure you buy one of the best and most functional fishing equipment on the market, you need to decide whether you need a fancy product with fancy features from an expensive brand. Or you just want to get an affordable product with the essential features that get the job done.
You need to take a look at the customer reviews to check if baitcasting reel under 100 ” is going to meet your expectations and requirements or not. And if you are as busy as a bee, you can only take a glance at the pros and cons of the fishing equipment you are willing to buy.
Last but not least, you need to make sure that the seller you will get your product from provides consistent and reliable customer service. And it goes without saying that you have to get a product that comes with a long warranty.