Line counter reels are one of the most convenient tools If you like fishing from a moving boat. Then spinning and baitcasting reels do not always match your desires.
Trolling means dragging a fishing line standing on a moving boat (maybe with several baits), thus covering a large area of water.
A line counter reel allows you to gauge your presentation’s depth accurately, ensuring that your bait is running in the strike zone.
Premium line counter reels are constructed from high-grade materials, utilize quality ball bearing systems, and accurately count down to the most specific values.
The best 8 line counter reels.
- Okuma cold water line counter reels.
- Penn squall level wind line counter reels
- Okuma Magda Pro line counter reels.
- KastKing rekon line counter reels
- Sougayilang Line Counter reels
- one bass line counter reels.
- SHIMANO TEKOTA line counter Reels
- Piscifin salis X line counter reels
|Shimano Line Counter reel||Check Price On Amazon|
|Okuma Cold Water Linecounter Reel||Check Price On Amazon|
|PENN Squall LevelWind line counter reel||Check Price On Amazon|
|Okuma Magda Pro level wind Line Counter reel||Check Price On Amazon|
|KastKing ReKon Line Counter Reel||Check Price On Amazon|
|Sougayilang Line Counter Reel||Check Price On Amazon|
|One Bass Fishing Reels Level Wind|
|Check Price On Amazon|
|Piscifun Salis X line counter reel||Check Price On Amazon|
The best line counter reels.
1-Okuma line counter reels.
Okuma cold water line counter reels are one of the best line counter reels. It is made from an accurate stabilizing mechanical system for long durable construction overtime.
It is crafted from a graphite body and anti-corrosion side plates, resulting in this line counter’s longevity and light-weighted features.
Okuma line counter reels come with a titanium robust multi-disc carbonate drag system, offering a drag force up to 20 lbs. at its most.
It has some machine-cut cast aluminum ergo grip handle, offering line retrieval with a right hand or left hand providing you with the durability and wide wind powerful mechanism.
The cold water line counter reels are designed with a heavy-duty brass pinion and self-lubricating gear system. Suitable for trolling walleye, salmon, and steelhead.
A gear ratio of 4.2:1 and a dual anti-reverse system with an easy-to-read display accurate manual counter.
Okuma cold water line counter reels with a unique ball-bearing system. It has two steel bearings and one roller bearing to offer the most smoothness.
Also, it includes an MSS or mechanical stabilizing system that maintains all the internal components safe and in alignment.
The Okuma cold water line counter offers a one-year guarantee, with a great value of money.
As it is constructed to withstand heavy copper and lead lines that assist you fishing in all sessions.
- High-quality material
- Reliable and durable
- The great value of money
- 1-year guarantee
- Contains too many plastic parts.
- The line counter is slightly off position.
- Big drag systems
- Contains chemicals.
Okuma cold water line counter reels is one of the premium quality, especially at this price range.
It has a great performance for deep trolling in freshwater for catching large species, offering high durability and a straightforward line counter to use, with an exceptional line capacity for walleye and large species of large fish.
Many have stated that they faced some problems with the line counter placed can be slightly off place and contain plastic parts that face deep fishing rigs.
Also, it was stated that they contain chemicals that were forbidden from the California state for causing cancer and congenital disabilities.
2-Penn Squall level wind line counter reels.
Penn squall level wind line counter reels is designed with premium features. It is the perfect choice for serious and professional anglers who plan to upgrade their reels to a top-tier one.
They are made of light-weighted graphite body and plates, with premium bronze gear, marine-grade bronze alloy, and machined aluminum internal gear components to provide maximum comfort for the angler.
Penn level wind line counter reels feature an adjustable handle to permit the angler to decide the handle length you desire for your rod.
This type of fishing reel has the common feature that this company is specialized in, which is the level wind line guide in fishing for a big catch in various saltwater conditions.
This guide shifts forth and back for evenly distributing the line on the spool of the fishing reel.
That results in minimal line build-up and limiting any chances of backlashes of tangling or twisting.
Penn reel best features a significant limitation of the angler’s time and is wasted from the fishing experience with this reliable significant line guide.
Most professional anglers demand this line counter reel for the HT-100 carbon fiber drag system to permit an ultra-soft drag without sacrificing any smooth operation.
The Penn level wind line counter reels utilize a three-carbon drag washer that precisely measures the meter line, with no slippage under operations of heavy loads.
This reel also includes two shielded stainless steel bearing systems, in addition to an instant reverse bearing that limits any rotor backlashes from sliding off the spool.
Penn line counter reels come with a braid pre-spooled forged and machined aluminum spool, with a line capacity, rings evident at 1/3, 2/3, and a full line capacity.
- Lightweight graphite construction
- Suitable for saltwater conditions
- Carbon drag system.
- Adjustable handle
- Line lay is uneven during spooling.
- Level wind gears problems.
The squall level wind line counter reels have premium quality and the most durable building. It is allowing a smooth casting and retrieval, with an easy to use.
It is suitable for fishing in saltwater with different trolling techniques that ease catching small species.
Yet, many have stated that the reel cannot withstand hold up with heavy species and break easily. And during challenging big fish, the line can slack and cause some tangling and backlashes.
3-Okuma Magda pro line counter reels.
Okuma Magda Pro level wind line counter reels are a reasonable price purchase, with the premium and the best quality materials.
This reel is made from a light weighted and corrosion-resistant graphite body with stainless steel reinforced side plate rings, offering excellent durability and less fatigue to the angler.
Okuma Magda Pro line counter reels come with a DLXT left-handed crank mechanical line counter that functions as measuring in feet and has a reset push rubber button.
With Okuma Magda pro, an automatic trip spool engaging mechanism, and an ergo handle grip knob sizes range between 20 to 45. With a special 15 special design features a twin paddle handle system.
They are equipped with a multi-disc carbonite drag system, with the capability to work with the highest efficiency under significant pressure.
The Okuma Magda pro drag system employs multiple clutch discs for even line metering and extraordinary power, which is appreciated by anglers seeking massive-sized fish.
These Magda Pro line counter reels also come with a durable machine-cut brass self-lubricating gear system.
In addition to stainless steel ball bearings and a 16 point anti-reverse system for enhancing any undesired back spooling of the line.
- 1-year guarantee
- Carbonites drag system.
- Premium quality
- Fits medium to small species.
- Line counter sticks
- Drag adjustments not consistent.
- Not suitable for deep fishing
- Contains chemicals.
Okuma Magda pro counter line-level wind trolling provides freshwater fishing demands in less deep water for an affordable price.
They are suitable for fishing for small to medium-sized species. And comes reassembled with a one-year guarantee.
Yet sometimes, those versions begin to lash out and may result in the line counter becomes sticky or the drag system reset on its own. It contains chemicals that result in cancer or birth deficiencies.
4- KastKing rekon line counter reels .
KastKing rekon line counter reels have a couple of versatile sizes and conventional compact design, offering high-performance components for tough trolling conditions.
They offer three dual stainless steel shielded ball bearings and an instant anti-reverse bearing for a soft casting wind system and trouble-free, smooth operations from any tangling or twists.
As the KastKing rekon offers two different models, the handles on each version are different.
The handle on the size 10 includes a double paddle Eva handle for a comfortable grip.
While the larger 20 size handle includes a single power handle with a round knob for comfortable.
And more leverage for challenging larger catch and retrieval. Suitable for salmon, lake trout, and bass.
The rekon line counter reels come with a carbon disc drag with a stopping power of 30lbs for the size 20 and 25lbs for the size 10.
And an accurate mechanical line clicker feature in both sizes for a simple and easy releasing and retrieval.
Providing a main machined brass gear and a pinion gear line guide shaft, with a strike detection system for a gear ratio of 5.1:1 on the size ten and 5.3:1 on the size 20.
The compact design of the KastKing did not compromise the line capacity, as it provides loads of heavy braided or monofilament lines.
Both 10 and 20 rekon sizes offer a line capacity of 250 yards holding up 20lbs or 320 yards holding up 25lbs. Monofilament equivalent to braided line simultaneously.
- Drag strength of 30 pounds for premium strength.
- Double shielded ball bearing
- Superior line capacity
- Special spool design
- Suitable for saltwater and freshwater
- Inaccurate line counter
KastKing rekon line counter reels is available in 2 different sizes offering versatile features and options.
An exceptional, accurate mechanical line counter for consistent casting and keeping your bait in an exact spot for catching more fish.
Yet, it was stated by many anglers that the line counter might fail in accuracy and consistency after multiple uses.
5- Sougayilang Line counter reels.
Sougayilang line counter trolling reels have a durable and straightforward design. It is suitable for those who seek regular sizable fish and sustaining endless challenges.
The Sougayilang line counter is constructed from a strong nylon body and a light aluminum side plate corrosion-resistant, making this reel durable and long-lasting.
This reel includes a heavy-duty and full carbonated constructed drag system, with the ability to withstand pulling up to 40 lbs. of weight for an incredibly powerful catch.
Sougayilang features an adjustable aluminum rethatching star drag system that can be easily and quickly altered without unnecessary diverts from your attention from the fight at hand.
This is supported with heavy-duty 6BB+1RB steel bearings and a quick-set anti-reverse roller.
Supported with an XL Machined cut brass drive and pinion gears with a 4.1:1 gear ratio. While catching a large fish. And include a line capacity of up to 420 yards.
Sougayilang includes an aluminum handle with an ergo handle grip knobs for a comfortable and firmer grip.
It offered an anodized aluminum two-tone spool that will help fight multiple catches at once, with the line counter indicating which catch is ready to be pulled.
The Sougayilang offers a three-year guarantee, a good value of money for a high quality of performance.
- High-quality material
- Premium overall performance
- Carbon disc system
- Inaccurate drag.
- Handles fail sometimes.
Sougayilang line counter is the best choice for anglers who seek trolling in any kind of water.
It provides durable construction at an affordable price while using any style of fishing.
Yet, some anglers complained about the handles failing to retrieve heavy catch sometimes, and the star drag system is accurate when handling multiple castings.
6- One bass line counter reels.
One bass level wind line counter trolling reels have a machined cut air-crafted aluminum frame and a conventional saltwater design. Suitable for any style of fishing, whether offshore or inshore flat fishing.
The handle on the one bass reel is easily disassembling design that is a right-hand handle that can be left on the frame soon enough with ergonomic handle knobs.
This line counter-level wind trolling includes a premium carbon fiber drag system, with the capability to pull up to 45lb/20KGS of smooth drag without facing any line breakage or slippage.
One bass-level wind fishing reel features a line-out clicker alarm with an accessible thumb bar spool release.
To enable the angler to cast multiple rods at once without missing anyone once it catches a fish.
This trolling reel offers a multi-disc carbonite drag system that consistently stops power and employs the premium aircraft brake material for smooth and long-lasting durability and not much line pulled.
One bass line counter reel employs 14BB stainless steel ball bearings and 1RB steel roller bearing.
that enhance a soft retrieval and withstand saltwater fishing conditions over long years.
The one bass level wind line counter-offers their customers the most comfortable service by offering a three-year service guarantee for any problems against any product problems.
- Versatile handles
- Multi-disc carbonite drag system.
- Line alarm
- 14 ball bearings
- Three years’ service guarantee
- Breakable handles
- Inaccurate gears
One bass level wind fishing reels are conventional and durable construction. It is the best line counter for a versatile handle.
And powerful drag system with multiple bearing for powerful pulling. With a three years’ service for the product.
However, the handles may sometimes handle large fish with an inaccurate gear that can miss some overpowering pulling of much line that requires readjusting of the full gear.
7- Shimano tekota line counter reels.
Shimona tekota level wind line counter trolling reel is the best you can choose from all the alternatives for different applications.
Shimona tekota is constructed from a solid one-piece aluminum frame for an incredibly sturdy.
With versatile sizes ranging from 300 to 700, the virtual appeal is more suitable to function against a larger catch.
This reel offers special treated anti-rust and corrosion ball bearings with longevity ten times more than steel standard bearings that promote smoothness in the line flow while casting.
One of the Shimona line counter-level wind reel’s unique features is employing one of these ball bearings in supporting the pinion gear as a factor of the Shimano’s super-free spool design.
Shimano tekota provides a super-free spool design that limits the friction between the pinion gear.
And the main spool when disengaging the clutch for more casting smoothness and the product’s longevity.
Shimano is supported with a carbon drag system with a star drag on the side of the frame for better performance and reduces wear resulting from frequent use over a long time.
Due to the solid construction and the frame’s openings, this reel will function with the most durability in salt and fresh water.
- Suitable for salt and freshwater.
- Open frame design
- Simple to maintain.
- Carbon drag system.
- Limited drag ability
- Contains chemicals.
Shimano, tekota level wind, is the best line counter for professional anglers who troll in both fresh.
And saltwater by offering solid construction and corrosion-resistant body with opening all over the frame to get off any water residue.
Yet, they offer a limited drag ability duet to the minimal line capacity, and they are constructed from a material that includes chemicals that cause cancer and birth deficiencies.
8- Piscifin salis X line counter reels.
Piscifin salis level wind line counter trolling reel has conventional and extraordinary unmatching features, hard to find on other alternative reels.
The Piscifin salis is constructed from a robust light-weighted corrosion-resistant graphite body. With side plates that can withstand the harsh conditions of fishing in saltwater situations.
They include an incredibly strong steel handle with a powerful knob for a comfortable grip for anglers to hold for a long time without fatigue.
Salis X is loaded with more than expected of extremely sturdy and stable three bushing line casting ball bearing and an instant reverse engage bait clicker line alarm.
This trolling reel offers incredible power by first-class carbon fiber drag washers that can hold up to 37lbs pull power to challenge the biggest catch with ease.
Piscifin features an accurate Japanese Hamai cut gear system with a 6.2:1 gear ratio that makes sure of consistency that offers overall superior performance.
This conventional salis x reel comes pre-spooled with a braid-ready spool and a forged mechanical aluminum spool to limit any mono backing when spooling braided lines.
They offer a speedy line retrieval thanks to the level wind feature, which is faster than many s for the ability to control and have the upper hand in hard battles against large fish.
- Super drag power
- Braided line pre-spooled
- The great value of money
- Japanese cut gear
- Speed retrieval.
- Breakable screws
- Plastic line guides
- Contains chemicals.
Piscifin salis X level wind is constructed to catch massive game fish. They are crafted from durable and powerful steel that can withstand harsh and saltwater conditions.
Yet, few have complained about the poor quality of the screws while they were assembling the reel.
And that the line guides were made of plastic. Also, it is stated by the state of California that some forbidden chemicals were included in its construction that causes cancer and some birth deficiencies.
Frequently asked questions about the best line counter reels.
1-What are the trolling line counter reels size ranges?
Sizes can range between 15 and 20, as the smallest rising to 300 and larger. Choosing the right size depends on the line size and the aimed fish you are planning to catch.
As you see, getting a 300 trolling size for catching a 6-pound bass or challenging a 20 size shark does not make sense or logic.
2-How to clean your trolling line counter reels?
Any reel turns dirty over time, especially if you practice fishing in the open sea and through leaves and branches falling on the reel. This means that this may require cleaning occasionally. By following these pointers:
- Before cleaning, you need to get everything you may need beside you from warm water in a bucket, a cleanser, oil reels, and a fluid.
- Strat disassembling the reel and taking it part apart. However, if you are not sure about each item’s order and place, it is better to write it on a piece of paper or make a video to remember which part goes where.
- Soak all the reel parts in the bucket with warm water and start brushing them with the cleanser.
- By using a small brush or a toothpick, apply some grease on the teeth of the gear.
- Do not rush the process of reassembling the reel. Just dry the parts and wait for them to dry thoroughly.
- Begin by cleaning all bearing with the fluid, lubricate with the oil and start reassembling. Try rotating without hearing any creaking.
- Finally, lubricate all moving parts and reassemble the reel, and the fixed parts can only be cleaned with the fluid.
3-What is a level wind line counter reels?
A level wind is separate from the reel added to a reel, as it moves right and leaves the Infront of the shaft when casting or retrieving.
To make sure that the line stays spooled evenly. Yet, few anglers suggest that the line counter affects delaying the casting.
However, the interfering is minimal if they do. The soft, clean retrieval of the line without tangling is worth having a level wind fishing reel.
4-Can you troll be using a spinning reel?
Of course, yet a spinning reel cannot handle a line capacity of a stopping strength to catch a large fish without many lines unless you employ a huge reel with it.
It can be fun to troll with your usual crankbaits and swimmers off the boat when you are heading back to the docks, but in the end, the finest success chance and the hugest fish are going to result from a trolling reel and a specialized trolling rod.
5-What do you need in your best line counter reels?
- Line counter reels feature a wide range of different material types, with each one offering its specific specifications.
- One of the most famous materials in multiple countries all over the world is graphite. Graphite is famous for being lightweight for satisfying the part that all companies keep in mind, which is the angler’s comfort.
- Like the fact that the reels weigh from arms to hand, and back fatigue results in less fatigue for the angler. Keeping them on the water for a longer time and catching the fish planned for.
- Also, graphite is known for its durability. It is anti-corrosion, a significant value to operate as intended and provide your reel’s longevity more than other alternatives.
- The efficiency for trolling reels increases with a line counter’s more line capacity, especially for buried fish.
- Line counter reels are specialized for the fishing style of trolling, which means dragging the line with the bait from the boat behind you with a prechosen depth and distance.
- This fishing style is intended to cover more water in search of any waiting or buried fish. For a successful trolling experience, you must adjust the line to serve your desired depth reach.
- The more the reels line capacity, the simpler it is to reach your desired depth control with your reel providing the angler with the freedom to fish as deepest as they want with the greatest success chances.
- The drag system quality on the reel directly indicates the efficiency of challenging a fish on a boat.
- A reel’s drag manages the line tension’s determination when a fish is hooked on the line’s end with the bait.
- If the line tension is high, that can result in a line breakage leading to the fish getting off the hook with the bait.
- Yet, a correctly adjusted tension will permit a slight amount of line tension to pull the fish before any line breakage.
- Most advanced drag systems employ a set of carbon discs to reveal the correct line friction for precise line metering.
- These discs are a section of a bigger clutched system that manages the pressure applied to them.
- When a drag is altered, the pressure is employed to this series of discs which rotates to control the line tension that can reveal before the slippage happens.
- Being aware of strikes the second they happen is critical to making the most out of every chance when introduced.
- To underwrite upon each nibble, it is fundamental to distinguish a strike as fast as could be expected.
- Doing so permits you to set the snare rapidly and proficiently, regularly bringing about a catch.
- Then again, any degree of postponement can bring about a botched fish and squandered freedom.
- Line clickers fill in as extraordinary compared to other potential monitoring chomps, particularly when fishing various posts all at once.
- As the line is pulled from a reel, this discernible alarm sounds, permitting a fisher to respond rapidly before a fish delivers its grip on the snare.
- The level wind has an essential part in ensuring that a line counter reel functions in the most dependable way possible.
- While fishing, few conditions become frustrating by facing tangles and twisted lines. As that happens, a great amount of time is wasted on unknotting these tangles and twists of the line.
- The level wind limits the happenings of these incidents by even spreading the lines across the spool.
- While the handle is rotating, the level wind fishing reel responds back and forth across the reel face, and the line is thread through the guide on the level wind extensions.
- It is making sure that there is no extra build-up line on any specific area of the spool.
6-How far are line counter reels accurate?
- The precise accuracy of the best counter line reels differs from a model to another. However, most will be fairly accurate from the manufacturer with sparing 1 to 2 feet.
- Putting in mind that every reel is adjusted at the factory with a particular diameter of the line, meaning that your reference for the fishing line may not be measured precisely.
- Therefore, most anglers need to adjust all line counter reels because doing so will provide the highest accuracy for each angler’s private setup.
- While adjusting a line counter is not complicated, accomplishing that may demand some trials and errors.
7-How to operate the best line counter reels?
Line counters employ a fixed gear ratio to convert a single shaft rotation into a distance measurement.
This measurement is commonly displayed on the analog or the digital reel and is recorded as feet. Every rotation of the reel resembles a set of distances. With each consequent rotation, the recorded distance is raised.
Simultaneously, then retrieving the line, a set of distances is decreased from the displayed total.
8-Why the use of line counter reels are important?
A line counter reel functions as an essential component for any serious, sensitive situation. Many various fish species lay or inhabit at a specific depth during different times of the year.
When that happens, an angler must represent their bait or lure to that specific depth, or it will not be a successful fishing experience.
Line counters keep track of the length of the fishing line that has been pulled to be replaced in repetitive situations.
This allows anglers to adjust their line length efficiently and quickly to a specific depth at which they had their successful catch.
If you plan to go for a trolling fishing experience aiming for big fish, you will need a line counter sturdy enough with an unlimited stopping power to pull the fish out of the water. Besides, to the strength and versatility use with straightforward maintenance. Then the Shimano tekota line counter trolling reel is your best line counter reel.
Suppose you need a fishing line counter that features an innovative design and functions efficiently to carry and hold up to pull loads of weight out of the water, offering a smooth drag and trouble less smooth operation. All above that, you want a product that makes you feel that you made a great money investment. Then the Okuma cold water line counter trolling reel is the best line counter reel.
Suppose you are looking for a premium quality material and is extremely well built. There are not many alternatives on the market that offer a superb design and sturdy and functional features. Offering you a smooth casting wind system and straightforward to use. Then the Penn squall level wind line counter trolling reel is the best line counter reel.